That's right I said it you may be thinking like a monopolist!
Ok I did not say it I wrote it but I DID want to say it to someone earlier:-)
The old ways of selling and distributing are not working! We have to realize it is a new world and it is a little scary for those of us who have been doing this for a while but guess what..... the alternative is even more scary!
I say this with the utmost respect and admiration......GET A CLUE!
THE MONOPOLIES ARE DYING...AND THEY'RE GETTING DEADER (is that a word?)
The past, the glorious, profit-making, fun past of the media business was based on:
• scarce creators, under long term contracts
• scarce retail outlets, able to be controlled with marketing muscle
• scarce spectrum (few radio stations, few TV stations)
• copyright laws (and a lack of technology) that limited theft of services
• limited power of the creators to compete without a large media company as partner
permission to ask,
permission to learn.